- Total Flight Experience in excess of 3,000 hours
- Commercial Jet Experience in excess of 500 hours
- 250 hrs. PIC -or-
- 250 hrs., of which 70 hrs. are PIC and remaining experience is PICUS/P1 Under Supervision (PUS) -or-
- 500 hrs. PICUS/P1 Under Supervision
- 100 hrs. PIC Cross Country;
- 200 hrs. Cross Country;
- 100 hrs. Night Flight;
- 75 hrs. Instrument Flight;
- Valid ICAO Member State ATPL w/ all of the following:
- ICAO Level 4 English or higher
- Valid Jet Aircraft Type Rating (SIC/Co-pilot Jet Type Ratings accepted)
- Valid Command Instrument Rating
- Valid ICAO Member State Class 1 Medical Certificate
Corrective Eye Surgery procedures (such as LASIK or PRK) are now being accepted by AJX and JCAB. Additional testing will be required.
Those holding ICAO ATPL and Instrument Ratings with expiration dates, must keep license and ratings valid 6 months beyond class commencement.
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Click on the type of aircraft experience you fall under below.
Step 2: Upload a copy of your scannable text CV/Resume.
- We recommend you upload a scannable text resume/CV as a .doc file to allow our system to help you automatically populate most required fields on your initial registration form.
- Please be sure that it includes the previous 10 years of employment history both Aviation related and non-aviation related employment.
- Air Japan staff require you submit a CV that includes the following flight experience:
- Total Flight Time
- Total PIC Time
- Commercial Jet Time
- Cross Country Time PIC
- Cross Country Time
- Instrument Time
- Night Time
- If you do not have all categories of flight experience listed on your CV, please add this. Failure to do so will disqualify and/or delay the processing of your application.
Step 3: Upload clear copies of your documents.
- ATPL (must include type ratings and expiry dates)
- Medical (must be valid class one)
- Passport (must be valid for 6 months or more)
- Last 3 full pages of your logbook. If you have not kept a logbook up-to-date, please create an electronic logbook. If you have not logged Cross Country and Cross Country PIC in your logbook please provide a letter similar to the sample below. Eventually Air Japan will require you submit a logbook with a similar format to the JCAB style logbook.
Be sure that all documents are clear images and valid. Incomplete and expired documents will not be accepted. If you do not meet the minimum requirements, please wait until you've met the minimum requirements before applying.