- Does ANA Wings Provide Visa's to live in Japan?
Yes, you will be provided permanent resident alien cards.
- Do we have to pay tax in Japan?
As an employee of a Japanese company, the company will withhold Japanese payroll tax. Individual income tax will be filed by the pilot and there are allowable deductions depending on your living situation, dependents,etc. We recommend consulting with a tax professional for specific details.
- How long is training?
You may expect to start with the Air Law Exam (ATP written) - 2 weeks, followed by Ground School - 2 months, Sim and checkride - 3 months, and finally IOE or what they call OJT - 3 months.
- I heard Japan is expensive, how much is housing?
The crew base is in Itami, Osaka. It is much cheaper than Tokyo. A studio apartment can rent for USD $400/mo. to a 2 bedroom rents for USD $650/mo.
- What opportunities are there after ANA Wings?
You will be given the opportunity to interview with Peach Aviation as A320 Direct Entry Captain or other jet positions with ANA Group. Jet Experience requirements will be waived for ANA Wings pilots transitioning to jets.
- I have never been to Japan before, where could I learn more about their customs and points of interests?
japan-guide.com is a great website.